1. Salvation. "Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory" (Isa. 45:8, 2 Tim. 2:10).
2. Growth in grace. "I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet. 3:18).
3. Love. "Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them" (Gal. 5:25, Eph. 5:2).
4. Honesty and integrity. "May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection" (Ps. 25:21).
5. Self-control. "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do" (1 Thess. 5:6).
6. Love for God's Word. "May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than much pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb" (Ps. 19:10).
7. Justice. "God help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do" (Ps. 11:7, Mic. 6:8).
8. Mercy. "May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is mercifully" (Lk. 6:36).
9. Respect (for self, others, authority). "Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands" (1 Pet. 2:17).
10. Biblical self-esteem. "Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:10).
11. Faithfulness. "Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts" (Prov. 3:3).
12. Courage. "May my children always be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions" (Dt. 31:6).
13. Purity. "Create in them a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their actions" (Ps. 51:10).
14. Kindness. "Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else" (1 Thess. 5:15).
15. Generosity. "Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age" (1 Tim. 6:18-19).
16. Peace-loving. "Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace" (Rom. 14:19).
17. Joy. "May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit" (1 Thess. 1:6).
18. Perseverance. "Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to run with perseverance the race marked out for them" (Heb.12:1).
19. Humility. "God, please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all" (Titus 3:2).
20. Compassion. "Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion" (Col. 3:12).
21. Responsibility. "Grant that my children may learn responsibility, for each one should carry his own load" (Gal. 6:5).
22. Contentment. "Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, through Him, who gives them strength" (Phil. 4:12-13).
23. Faith. "I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children's hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them" (Lk. 17:5-6, Heb. 11:1-40).
24. A servant's heart. "God, please help my children develop servants' hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men" (Eph. 6:7).
25. Hope. "May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Rom.15:13).
26. Willingness and ability to work. "Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" (Col. 3:23).
27. Passion for God. "Lord, please instill in my children a soul that "followeth hard after thee" (Ps. 63:8, KJV), one that clings passionately to you."
28. Self-discipline. "Father, I pray that my children may acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair" (Prov.1:3).
29. Prayerfulness. "Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests" (Eph. 6:18).
30. Gratitude. "Help my children to live lives that are always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 5:20, Col, 2:7).
31. A heart for missions. "Lord, please help my children to develop a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all peoples" (Ps.96:3).
Bob Hosteler. Pray! Issue four. P.O. Box 469084, Escondido, Ca. 92046-9084