Our Messiah Is Unique In Many Ways Including:
Unique In Substance:
- He alone is both God and man:
"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
Unique In Prophecy:
No Other Leader's Life Was Foretold So Clearly And Accurately:
- “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity” (Micah 5:2).
Unique In Mission:
- Jesus alone came to save us from our sins:
“She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
Unique In Birth:
- Only Jesus was born of a virgin:
“Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).
Unique In Ability:
- No one but Jesus has the power to forgive sins:
“But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic...(Mark 2:10).
Unique In Existence:
- Jesus alone existed before the beginning of time:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God (John 1:1-2).
Unique In Position:
- No one else is equal with God:
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped...(Philippians 2:5-6).
Unique In Reign:
- Only Jesus reigns forever:
But of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom (Hebrews 1:8).
No one in history is like Jesus. He alone deserves our trust, and He alone is the path to God.
These are just some of the ways that Messiah (The Christ) is unique:
Our Daily Bread, RBC Ministries, July 7 2007.